Sr. Director/Director, Analytical Development
Kriya is a next generation gene therapy company focused on expanding the field to new frontiers. We have built a fully integrated, technology enabled platform for rational vector design, analytical characterization, and scalable manufacturing to design and develop gene therapies for diseases with well-understood underlying biology. We believe that rationally engineered gene therapies can transform the treatment of a broad universe of diseases – and we are prepared to lead this revolution in medicine.
Our team is made up of leading scientific experts who are passionate about improving patients’ lives and easing the burden of these life-changing disorders for patients. We are looking for teammates with the ambition, creativity, and energy to help us build a unique organization.
If you are looking to be a part of a company with an entrepreneurial culture, a bold vision, and a meaningful purpose, Kriya is the company for you.
The Sr. Director/Director of Analytical Development (AD) will lead to AAV gene therapy vector characterization, method development, optimization and qualification. The successful candidate will build and lead a team responsible for developing qualifying analytical methods, and support multiple R&D programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for strategical planning, developing and transferring analytical method to CRO and QC labs.
- Lead a team to develop analytical strategy for AAV gene therapy vector characterization.
- Lead science-driven, phase appropriate, and risk-based analytical development and specification setting to support all programs in the company
- Serve as a subject matter expert and author and/or review relevant sections of documentation in support of INDs and other regulatory submissions
- Establish regular interface and build strong connections with CMO/CTOs
- Seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions
- Make sound decisions regarding complex technical issues and communicate decisions effectively with internal stakeholders, elevating complex issues as appropriate
- Led and supervise team technically to stay up-to-date and ensure high quality analytical capability
- The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrated in-depth experience of the development, qualification, and implementation of analytical methods for the characterization, release testing of AAV vectors or biologic products in an industry setting
- PhD in molecular biology, virology, or a related scientific discipline
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry and a minimum 2 years of technical leadership/management. Title commensurate with level of experience industry. Relevant AAV gene therapy experience in leading analytical development is preferred.
- Experience with characterization and release testing of viral vector-based systems, plasmid DNA, or RNA products a plus
- Experience with analytical techniques including Chromatography, PCR, ELISA, Capillary Electrophoresis, DNA sequencing and cell-based assays
- Sound understanding and demonstrated application of statistical methods/tools
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently and in a collaborative environment
- Exercise of discretion and independent judgment
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, startup environment
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]