Senior Scientist – Upstream Process Development Group Leader
Kriya Therapeutics is a transformative gene therapy company with the intent to expand gene therapy to broader disease indications leveraging in house manufacturing capabilities and novel therapeutic designs.
Our mission is to identify, develop, and bring to market high-impact therapies that have the potential to improve the lives of patients with prevalent and severe chronic diseases. We target conditions where the underlying biology is well-understood, rationally designing gene therapies for metabolic and other inflammatory diseases . Our lead programs are focused on the treatment of metabolic diseases such as diabetes (Type 1 and 2) and severe obesity.
Our team is made up of leading scientific experts who are passionate about improving patients’ lives and easing the burden of these life-changing disorders for patients. Kriya employees are motivated by the promise of novel drug development and is driven to find more efficient and effective ways to conduct scientific and clinical evaluations that rapidly deliver impactful medicines to patients in need. Our leadership team has a track record bringing innovative new therapeutic treatments to a global market, and along with our seasoned board of directors, is fully committed to the responsible pursuit of transformative therapies that significantly impact patient health and wellbeing.
- Act as a lead upstream scientist on multiple programs having project oversight and direct and indirect report management responsibilities.
- Plan project scope, timing and resource requirements.
Establish a platform cell culture process for the generation of recombinant adeno-associated viral vectors (rAAV)
- Design experimental plans based on the defined deliverables, planning the activities to meet the project timelines by working closely with project managers.
- Support large-scale manufacturing
- Independently perform experiments to Scale-up, optimize, and characterize cell lines for AAV production
- Author documents in support of manufacturing activities
- Manage activities, equipment, inventory and projects of the process development lab
- Collaborate with other scientists and routinely present data, may mentor other team members
- Author, review and approve process development reports and technology transfer protocols.
- Inspire and foster innovation, collaboration, transparency and team effectiveness.
- Design complex studies based on the deliverables.
- Analyze and summarize complex scientific data.
- Author reports, procedures, and other documents
- Perform other duties as necessary
- BS or equivalent with 10 years relevant experience, MS degree or equivalent with 8 years relevant experience, PhD or equivalent with 5 years relevant experience
Skills and Requirements:
- Expertise with suspension cell lines at all scales from flasks to large scale single use bioreactors
- Experience with rAAV production desired
- Proficiency with designing and executing experiments employing DOE methodologies and software desired
- Experience with growth media selection and optimization and transfection reagent selection
- Knowledge of cell sorting equipment preferred