Machine Learning Scientist
Kriya is a next-generation gene therapy company focused on designing and developing transformative new treatments for highly prevalent and severe chronic diseases. We target conditions where the underlying biology is well-understood, rationally designing one-time gene therapies to durably express therapeutic proteins within the appropriate human tissues. Our lead programs are focused on the treatment of metabolic diseases such as diabetes (Type 1 and 2) and severe obesity.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Scientist to join our team. This position requires a highly self-motivated and flexible individual who operates well in a start-up environment.
- Assist with computational biology methods like incorporating systematic modifications of DNA sequences
- Utilize algorithmic solutions to support cross-functional areas
- Assist with automation of routine tasks through computerized tools
- Maintain versioning system for software
- Organize data in simple to access databases or spreadsheets
- Interface with employees in various facets of the company
- Incorporate systems level and scalable solutions
- Understand scientific research papers and parse out algorithmic solutions
- Create presentation materials
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Ability to collaborate across a multi-disciplinary team, and work independently.
- Team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ideal candidate will have BS in computer science or computational biology
- MS or PhD preferred, but not required
- Biology or gene therapy background helpful, but not required
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Experience in python with Jupyter notebook or Matlab
- OOP experience in C++ and/or Java
- Experience in computational biology, machine learning, and deep learning
- Extensive programming and algorithm design experience
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Biotech and gene therapy on-the-job training
- Joining a new division in an early stage biotech company
- Career growth opportunities
This is an exciting time to participate in the field of gene therapy in general, and to become a part of Kriya Therapeutics’ fast-growing dedicated team. Kriya Therapeutics offers an exciting, meaningful and collaborative fast-paced environment with a foundation of sound and rigorous science. Competitive compensation and benefits package can be expected.
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]