Downstream Process Development Scientist
Kriya is a next-generation gene therapy company focused on designing and developing transformative new treatments for highly prevalent and severe chronic diseases. We target conditions where the underlying biology is well-understood, rationally designing one-time gene therapies to durably express therapeutic proteins within the appropriate human tissues. Join us if you are ready to advance gene therapy and work in a progressive start-up environment.
• Initiates, directs and executes scientific research for innovation and process improvements independently
• Establish a platform purification process for the generation of recombinant adeno-associated viral vectors (rAAV)
• Critically analyzes complex data, interprets and integrates experimental results with project objectives
• Independently perform experiments to maximize recovery and purity of AAV vectors from the upstream process
• Employ state of the art purification strategies to maximize throughput
• As a subject matter expert, maintain knowledge and implement state-of-the-art technologies and processes
• Author documents in support of manufacturing activities
• Manage activities, equipment, inventory and projects of the process development lab
• Collaborate with other scientists and routinely present data
• Coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning. We are a start-up and are looking for applicants who are ready and willing to ‘roll their sleeves up’ and be the Key Driver to meet project timelines and milestones.
• Perform other duties as necessary
• BS or equivalent with 10 years relevant experience, MS degree or equivalent with 8 years relevant experience, PhD or equivalent with 5 years relevant experience
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Expertise in chromatography at all scales, and an in-depth knowledge of AKTA systems
• Experience with Depth Filtration, Tangential Flow Filtration, and Sterile Filtration and scale-up techniques
• Experience mentoring, coaching, and training junior staff members is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct, and timely communication and proven ability to foster strong relationships with other team members and stakeholders.
• Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented, with proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving team.
• Comfortable working with a data-driven team
• Experience with AAV purification desired
• Knowledge of Ultracentrifugation
Apply at [email protected]
We offer very competitive health benefits, a 401(k) match as well as maternity and paternity leave.