Kriya is a next-generation gene therapy company focused on designing and developing transformative new treatments for highly prevalent and severe chronic diseases. We target conditions where the underlying biology is well-understood, rationally designing one-time gene therapies to durably express therapeutic proteins within the appropriate human tissues. Our lead programs are focused on the treatment of metabolic diseases and ophthalmologic conditions.
We are looking for an experienced Bioinformatics Scientist to join our team. This position requires a highly self-motivated and flexible individual who operates well in a start-up environment.
This individual will aid in and lead analyses across a broad spectrum of therapeutic development activities. The role will have a heavy analytical support aspect utilizing algorithmic solutions to support cross-disciplinary functions. A successful candidate will work with interdisciplinary teams including translational scientist, pre-clinical development, and manufacturing and will carry out data analysis and integration across various domains. The ideal candidate will enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment on a range of challenging and exciting scientific problems. This is a unique opportunity to gain broad computational experience in a startup environment and make a real impact on patient outcomes.
• Utilize algorithmic solutions to support cross-disciplinary functions
• Build statistical models to evaluate data from lab experiments
• Contribute to statistical design of pre-clinical studies
• Interface with employees in various facets of the company
• Incorporate systems level and scalable solutions
• Read and provide feedback on scientific research papers
• Create presentation materials
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
• Ideal candidate will have a PhD in bioinformatics, biology, or computer science with relevant experience
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Biotech and gene therapy on-the-job training
• Joining a new division in an early stage biotech company
• Career growth opportunities
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]