The Associate Scientist, Lab Management / Upstream Support will maintain and oversee lab operations and equipment, as well as maintain inventory of all lab consumables and supply. This person will also contribute to upstream activities including cell culture and maintenance of mammalian cell lines at all scales up to 50L.
• Learn and support cell culture experiments with the direction of a Senior Scientist.
• Act as part of the Process Development team to develop a flexible leading edge upstream process for AAV vectors delivering quality product with high productivity
• Oversee lab budget, lab activity schedule, consumables, and supply. Proactively follow up with vendors or internal sourcing group as necessary.
• Anticipate needs (testing, supplies, equipment throughput) of organization for six month window.
• Conduct sampling, sample processing, and testing for the support of upstream experiments.
• Independent initiative for follow up activities and completion of work.
• Collaborate with other scientists and routinely present data
• Respond with team to solve laboratory issues in fast paced group with evolving priorities
• Maintain lab and equipment in ready, usable state for experiments including working with service vendors when required.
• Flexible schedule with necessary weekend work in support of lab activities.
• Bachelors in Scientific Field with minimum 0-4 years of experience.
• Experience working aseptically with cell lines and scientific equipment maintenance and operation.
• Previous experience in lab setting required.
• Work is normally performed in an on-site lab / office work environment
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Nominal Travel Required (<%)
• May involve weekend work
This is an exciting time to participate in the field of gene therapy in general, and to become a part of Kriya Therapeutics’ fast-growing dedicated team. Kriya Therapeutics offers an exciting, meaningful and collaborative fast-paced environment with a foundation of sound and rigorous science. Competitive compensation and benefits package can be expected.
Kriya is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.