This person will aid in the development of a platform purification process for the generation of recombinant adeno-associated viral vectors (rAAV). This person will perform experiments under supervision of other scientists to maximize recovery and purity of AAV vectors from the upstream process using various purification techniques.
• Learn and execute purification experiments with the direction of a Senior Scientist.
• Act as part of the team to develop a flexible leading edge purification process for AAV vectors delivering quality, pure product while maintaining high yield.
• Executes, analyzes, and interprets experiments focused on developing, improving, and characterizing harvest. chromatography, and TFF steps across Kriyas portfolio.
• Development of scale-up methods and scale-down models
• Ability to summarize results and communicate to peers.
• Independent initiative for follow up activities and design of subsequent work.
• Respond with team to solve emerging problems across operational scales in fast paced group with evolving priorities
• Maintain lab and equipment in ready, usable state for experiments.
• Flexible schedule with necessary weekend work in support of lab activities.
• Bachelors in Biochemistry/Chemical Engineering/Chemistry with minimum 2 years of experience.
• Experience with lab chromatography systems (AKTA), filter optimization, and UF/DF operations
• Experience in biologics purification development (AAV preferred)
• Work is normally performed in an on-site lab / office work environment
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Nominal Travel Required (<5%)
• May involve weekend work
This is an exciting time to participate in the field of gene therapy in general, and to become a part of Kriya Therapeutics’ fast-growing dedicated team. Kriya Therapeutics offers an exciting, meaningful and collaborative fast-paced environment with a foundation of sound and rigorous science. Competitive compensation and benefits package can be expected.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.